Holy ghost

Holy ghost

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Miss Thurston

I fell in love for the first time when I was in kindergarten. With my teacher, Miss Thurston. She was real nice to me all the time and looked like Mary Tyler Moore when she was on the Dick Van Dyke show. So of course I loved her. She was always super tolerant of me and my non stop mouth and hyperactivity. She would let me go on and on about whatever Godzilla movie I had seen the week before or whatever it was I'd be hollering about. Almost always something I had seen on Sammy Terry the Friday night before. And I'd be jumping around like some brain damaged case the whole time. And she let me. Never was mean to me. So, I just knew we would get married some day. On the last day of school I found out some awful news. I was in the A.M. class so my mom picked me up about noon. I was blabbing in the car about how much I loved Miss Thurston when my mom told me that she was getting married and moving away. Leaving Indiana. I threw a fucking fit. Mom had to turn around the car and take me back to school. I ran into the classroom and had Mom put me up on Miss Thurston's desk where right in front of the P.M. students and all, I told her that she couldn't get married and move away. She had to stay because I loved her and wanted to get hitched. Or get shacked up at least. She said AWWWW and kissed my head and that was it. Never saw her again. And that's my story for International Women's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment